IRA Charitable Rollover
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover to JEF
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to JEF.
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year.
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts.
- Give back to your favorite charities by establishing a Designated Fund.
(Sorry, the IRS does not permit charitable IRA rollovers to donor-advised funds.)
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to JEF.
- Your IRA funds can be used to establish a Designated Fund to help your favorite causes and charities.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us to discuss your options.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact Sandy Levy or Patti Lengsfield at 504-524-4559. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.